Terms and Conditions
It is the submitter’s full responsibility to safely get cards to GradedGem.
All parcels/packages must include at minimum a full name and contact email address. If the submitter would like an Instagram shout out on the submission and return’s videos, this needs to be included on the note inside of the parcel. We will hold cards without any contact information inside until submitter reaches out with proof of ownership (stating which cards were submitted, or by tracking number). This could cause delays to the submission of cards without contact information.
“Submission deadline” refers to the cutoff date for accepting parcels for that submission. Any received later will be placed in the following submission bracket.
Pregrades (if opted for) will be given on or before “submission deadline”.
Any decisions made on pregrade results have the responsibility lay directly with the submitter, as the pregrades are solely an opinion based on our experience, and can not be guaranteed in any way. They will not always be an accurate representation of the grade PSA gives.
Submissions are organised and sorted as a single submitter per order basis. If you wish to send cards with other people, you must assure there are no duplications of cards between different people in your submission. All cards will be treated as owned by the person who makes the order. This also applies to submission and return videos, where all cards in that submission will be shown off as the original submitter’s cards. This is to ensure all submitters receive the exact cards they submitted back upon return.
If you submit for any service without pregrades, or confirm pregrades, this is confirmation that you want these cards to be submitted to PSA.
If during attempts at contacting yourself, there is no response to your pre-grades within a reasonable time period (at most 10 working days), then you will be obliged to fulfil your commitment with GradedGem and PSA Card.
You have 10 working days after return of items to yourself to bring up any issues with us to do with PSA slab imperfections. After this, responsibility is with yourself for your items.
Items sent to PSA, and being returned from PSA, are insured for a max value per parcel of up to £75,000. GradedGem, to their best efforts, will ensure parcels are always under this maximum declared value.
This provides cover for theft, loss or damage of the items including full or partial stolen goods, items going missing and damages such as accidental damage, impact, fire, water damage etc. All items are sent by, and received via, FedEx Express.
Items are insured for ungraded value on their way to PSA, and for their graded value upon return from PSA (up to the max value per parcel.)
Upon any potential claim, market price is used via eBay sold listings, if no sold listings, then it would be required for the submitter to have a receipt of their purchase to prove value.
GradedGem is not responsible for delays to service due to any external factors that influence PSA’s turnaround times. GradedGem, to its best efforts, will submit and return cards to PSA and submitters in a reasonable timescale. GradedGem operates with a 45 working day service level, this is how your cards will be inputted to PSA, however there is no guarantee on this turnaround time.
Once a service level is confirmed and agreed upon, this is a contractual agreement that this service level will be used and paid for by the submitter. There will be no deductions or refunds given as long as this is the service level used by GradedGem with PSACard.
We advise that order creation for the correct number of cards takes place within 5 working days after the “submission deadline”.
Communication on any cards that the submitter does not wish to send needs to happen before this, so we can remove those cards from the submission. If there is no communication about cards to not send, GradedGem will assume all cards shall be sent, and the submitter will be responsible for this.
We will not charge additional fees for late payments; however, cards will not be returned until payment in full is completed. GradedGem holds the right to withhold any submitter from use of Payment Plan options if abused.
Payment Plans are offered at the same cost as paying in full, and payments can be paid at any time during the grading process (however reminder emails will be sent, they are not enforced).
Pregrading is 50p per card, and any cards wished to be immediately returned will incur their postage cost. If an order is made before pregrades, and the submitter wishes to be refunded for any number of cards they wish not to send to PSA, the submitter will be responsible for the transaction fee incurred by this refund.
Any Payment Disputes result in additional charges. These will be passed on to the submitter. We ask that you do not make payment disputes so that you do not face these additional charges.
Value Charges are only applicable if raised by PSA Card, as per their terms and conditions.
Value charges will not be payable to GradedGem if a card is of a higher value, but not charged by PSA.
The submitter will be responsible for any value charges their cards attain, GradedGem will pay these charges immediately as to get PSA return’s as quickly as possible, however the submitter will have to pay these charges before graded cards are returned to submitter.
Value charges Price Brackets:
Value once graded ~$200-£500
Value once graded ~$501-1500
Value once graded ~$1501-4000 Value once graded ~$4000 & up
What is GradedGem?
GradedGem is an official PSA Dealer as outlined: https://www.psacard.com/dealers/detail/graded-gem/3284
GradedGem offers the organising of PSA Grading with PSA Card / Collector’s Universe, the service operating from California, US.
As an intermediary for PSA services, GradedGem does not supply the service of PSA Grading and only serves as an agent arranging and facilitating the supply of service with PSA Card for all submitters.
GradedGem reserves the right to refuse any submitter.
This is the privacy notice of Gradedgem. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Gradegem.
We are registered in United Kingdom.
Our registered office is at
Connor Davis/ GradedGem
Storagebase 1 Ltd
7 The IO Centre
This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for ensuring that our policy is followed.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our DPO,Connor Davis at email@example.com.
Data we process
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
Your contact information includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
Your financial data includes information such as your bank account and payment card details.
Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Your profile includes information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services.
- We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity.
- For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service.
- However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Special personal information
- Special personal information is data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
- We may collect special personal information about you if there is a lawful basis on which to do so.
If you do not provide personal information we need
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
- If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
- If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
- When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
- In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
- We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
- We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
- Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including job opportunities and our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
- If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
- We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
- We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
- Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
- For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of GradedGem
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information we process because we have a legal obligation
- Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
- For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
- Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- Examples include:
- posting a message our forum
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
- In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
- We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
- We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
- Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
- Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at email@example.com.
Complaints regarding content on our website
- We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
- If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
- If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
- Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
- If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of [WorldPay / SagePay / PayPal / MoneyBookers / Stripe] or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
Job application and employment
- If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
- If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
Communicating with us
- When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
- We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of GradedGem.
- We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
- When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
- We use that information to resolve your complaint.
- If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
- We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Affiliate and business partner information
- This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.
- It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you.
- The information is not used for any other purpose.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
- We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
- Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
- Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
- Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
- We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
- We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
- If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Our use of re-marketing
- Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties
- Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
- No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Third party advertising on our website
- Third parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
- We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
- To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
- Our websites are hosted in United Kingdom.
- We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
- Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
- For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
- We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
- the processor is within the same corporate group as our business or organisation and abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding data processing.
- the data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union [, specifically that in the country of …].
- we comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union [, specifically that in the country of …].
- we are certified under an approved certification mechanism as provided for in the Act.
- both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to protection of your information.
Control over your own information
Your duty to inform us of changes
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you should contact us to make that request.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
- If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you should contact us to make your request.
- This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
- When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
Certain areas of our website are designed for use by children over  years of age. These areas include [description or name or areas designed for children].
We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
Encryption of data sent between us
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
- Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about your concern before you approach the ICO.
Retention period for personal data
- Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
- However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
- We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.